As a company which sells security software, we take your privacy very seriously. This page details the type of information we store about you and how we use it.
Information about you
You can use our software trials without disclosing your name for up to 30 days and our freeware software without a time limit. If you order a full version and register your license key, the license will be associated with the email address you used to register your user account.
If you subscribe to any of our newsletters, a user account will be created for you if you don't already have one.
An Emsisoft user account contains the following information:
- The name that you registered with (nicknames are permitted)
- The email address that you registered with
- A salted hash of your password (the password is never stored or sent in plain text).
- Your preferred language and your country based on your IP address.
- Your subsciptions to our newsletter channels.
- Optional information on the details of your registered licenses.
- Statistics on your use of our software updates.
- Optional information about alerts for suspicious files or hosts, if you enable the Anti-Malware Network feature in the software.
- Optional information on malware files that you have submitted for analysis.
- Information on how you found us (search engine, websites, magazines, etc).
- Optional information on whether you used a tagged setup file from our customer referral program.
- Your last known IP address.
If you choose to participate in the Anti-Malware Network community, our software might send information about detected malware, software behavior, operating system variables and blocked hosts to the Emsisoft servers. The data is processed by our servers to generate statistics and suggestions to help other Anti-Malware Network participants.
Data circulation to third parties
Any information we collect from you is only used by us to serve you better. Your information is never given to a third party.
The posts on our discussion forums are publically accessible. Before submitting a post you should ensure that you did not enter any personal data. Search engines can and do collect information from the discussion forums and can publish it even if the information has been deleted from our servers. Deletion or correction of such postings held in a cache by 3rd parties such as search engines is not always possible.
Your right to cancel
If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us and we will remove your account information as soon as possible.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to third-party websites. We have no influence over these websites and can not guarantee their privacy policies. We do not share your information with any of these sites.