The Status section provides a general overview of basic settings that determine how Online Armor protects you.
Directly below System Status, is an icon with an accompanying text label, indicating the mode that Online Armor is currently running in. Clicking this text label activates a context menu which allows you to change between Standard, Advanced, and Banking modes.
Computer Protection provides a status overview of the major program components of Online Armor. You can disable these individual protection features by clicking the green tick adjacent to the following components:
- Firewall – Disables or enables Online Armor's Firewall.
- Web Shield – Provides protection against phishing domains, allows you to block access to undesired domains and protects against malicious BITS jobs.
- Program Guard – Only allows programs you trust to run, prevents unauthorized programs from running, and monitors Unknown programs for potentially malicious behavior.
- Anti-Keylogger – Disables or enables the detection of programs that are capable of recording your keystrokes. Anti-Keylogger protection is dependent on Program Guard and will automatically be disabled if you choose to disable Program Guard.
Updates shows the date and time that Online Armor last checked for updates. You can click "Update now" to check for any new updates to Online Armor and the Emsisoft digital signature blacklist and whitelist.
Emsisoft News shows the latest Emsisoft headlines and keeps you up to date on the latest news. You can click the numbers 1 through to 5 to cycle through the latest five headlines. Clicking on each news headline will take you directly to the full news article in Emsisoft's knowledgebase.
The menu on the right, below the Online Armor shield, provides you with quick access to the following useful Emsisoft resources:
- Homepage – Takes you directly to the Online Armor web site.
- Contact Emsisoft – Takes you to Emsisoft's customer center where you can contact the Emsisoft team directly by opening a support ticket.
- Support forum – Takes you to the support forum for Online Armor and other Emsisoft products.
- Security articles – Takes you to Emsisoft's knowledgebase of interesting articles on security.
- Submit a suspect file – Allows you to send suspicious files to our experts for analysis.
Underneath the menu are the following application details:
Version shows the exact version number of Online Armor that you have installed. Clicking on the version number will take you to the changelog for Online Armor.
License shows the edition of Online Armor that you using (Free or Premium). Clicking on the edition link will take you to the License tab in the Options section of Online Armor, where you can view your license information, renew your license or purchase an additional key.