The History allows you to see what events Online Armor has seen and how it handled them. You can access the history by opening the Online Armor Control Panel and selecting History from the Main Menu on the left.
Note: Most Firewall events are handled separately and can be viewed in the Firewall Log.
Above the table, on the right-hand side opposite of the tabs, is a drop down menu. This menu offers you the option to display "All events" or to "Hide kernel events". If you having a problem with a program, it may be useful to note any relevant kernel events when seeking help but for everyday use of Online Armor, you may prefer to hide these events.
The History is organized in a table with the following columns:
- Type – Shows the type of event that occurred and which component of Online Armor's protection handled it eg. Program Guard, Firewall etc.
- Date/Time – The date and time that the event occurred.
- Action – Shows whether the event was Allowed or Blocked by Online Armor, or whether Online Armor simply saw the event but was not configured to control it ("None").
The History is color coded to indicate whether entries show Allowed events (green), Blocked events (red), or other/informational events (yellow). For reference you can access the legend by clicking the Legend link above the table.
To see further details about the event, simply click on the entry in the list and review the information immediately below the list. Clicking on the blue hyperlinks, will take you directly to that program or file's entry in the appropriate section of Online Armor, quickly enabling you to reverse a decision without having to search for the entry manually. Clicking the blue (?) takes you to the Online Armor website where you can view any information Online Armor has collected about this particular program.
You can also right-click anywhere in the list of History events and click Find to perform a search of the History or click Copy to clipboard to copy the selected log entry to the clipboard.
Underneath the history you also have buttons to Clear the history, or Export the history as a CSV file (Comma Separated Values) to view the History using another program.
The Options tab contains the following items:
- …Days to keep History – Allows you to change how long Online Armor will keep events in the history before deleting them. This option is set to show History for the last 7 days by default.
- Clear history on reboot – Configures Online Armor to automatically delete the History every time Online Armor is shut down, such as when you restart your computer.